Monday, April 20, 2009

Just a little rant - the rain makes me grouchy.

Gray and dreary here today and VERY soggy! We received between 1 1/2 and 2 inches of rain in about 10 hours. I finally dragged myself out in the rain to go to the grocery store and it was just generally miserable out there. (We're paying for that wonderful weekend weather!)

I truly came home feeling very grateful to have the opportunity to climb into a nice dry vehicle to run my errands. I witnessed one poor soul walking on the sidewalk along the main road when someone, driving quite a bit over the speed limit, zoomed past close enough to the curb to send a huge plume of dirty gutter water up over the poor woman's head. I felt so sorry for her. She was already wet but this was adding insult to injury. There was absolutely no reason for him to be moving so fast nor to be so close to the curb that he hit the pooled water in the gutter like that.

Only two blocks later, I stopped at a stop sign and motioned a pedestrian to go ahead and cross in front of me. I figured she was on foot in the pouring down rain and much more eager to get in out of the weather than I, in my nice dry van. Would you believe the guy in back of me actually beeped because these few seconds were slowing his trip down?

Can't we just think about those who are less fortunate than ourselves once in a while? People aren't out there walking around in this weather for the fun of it. It doesn't take much for us to just give them a little consideration.

1 comment:

The Retired One said...

How rude!!!
I truly believe in karma.
They will get theirs!!

The Retirement Chronicles