Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blueberry Orange Bread

I’m STILL working my way through the blueberries!!! There’s bread baking now, again!! (It freezes great!!!)Many of you have asked for the bread recipe, so, here by popular demand is the recipe for

Blueberry Orange Bread

2 T butter
¼ C. boiling water
1 T grated orange rind
½ C orange juice
1 egg
1 c sugar
2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powderCombine the butter with the boiling water. Add 1 T orange rind and ½ C orange juice. Set aside.

Beat the egg and sugar until fluffy.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture alternately with the orange juice mixture. Start and end with the flour. Mix well. (Batter will be thick.)

Fold in the blueberries.

Spoon into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350° for 55 minutes (or until toothpick inserted in bread comes out clean).
Cool in pan for 10 minutes.If desired, you can make a glaze using 1 tsp orange rind, 2 T orange juice and 2 T honey to drizzle over the bread. I usually do not glaze mine. If you are planning to freeze your bread do not glaze before freezing.

¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 C fresh blueberries

---------------
Guest Bloggers?

As some of you know, we will be heading West on Friday to visit my Mother-In-Law and other family members. In between gathering the many things needed for the trip, doing laundry, organizing for the packing, and figuring what I need to do here at home for those not traveling, I'm busy putting together some posts to leave for your reading pleasure while I am on vacation. I've lined up some humorous pieces, an in-depth interview or two, a few helpful tips and some guest bloggers. If any of you would like to post as a Guest Blogger, please contact me ASAP. I need to have copy and any photos in my possession by noon on Thursday so I can review the piece and pre-post it. So, if you have something to say, please let me hear from you.

---------------

Well, I've got more berries to do something creative with, laundry to switch and lots more to do so i need to get a move on. Talk with y'all again tomorrow.

1 comment:

SmuTopia Jewelry said...

Looks SO Good! I wish I could smell your kitchen :)