Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm baaack!!!

Remember that New Year's goal to post daily? Well, I blew it -- again.

I had a good excuse. We were away for 5 days - just lounging around with good friends, eating well, chatting and just enjoying the company. It was wonderful!!!

Seriously, I did think about all of you, my readers. I even prepared some posts that were supposed to run while I was gone. Unfortunately, I ran into some internet access problems Thursday night when I tried to pre-post so only Saturday's post ran. So, sorry.




(Did you ever notice most of our road trips seem to involve snow along the highway? What's up with that?)


We visited some very close friends who, unfortunately for us, moved to South Carolina two years ago. They were our running buddies and are sorely missed. It's a 10-11 hour drive these days so our visits are few and far between. When we get together we savor every moment. This weekend was no exception.

Both halves of this couple are excellent cooks. We ate really, really well! There was jambalaya, biscuits with sausage gravy, lentil soup, cheese tortellini, cheese fondue with all the fixin's, chicken fried steak, cake and more!!!
We didn't do many activities away from the house - we were too busy eating !! There was lots of time to lounge around, relax, play with the pets (a cat for every lap!) and just be together.


I had a great weekend. I hope y'all did, too!!

2 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Good friends, great food, and a cat for your lap. Sounds perfect to me!

Take care ~Natalie

Christie Cottage said...

Sounds like a great time! Who wants to roam about after a long drive to get there!