Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Keeping up with my reputation (for unique gifts!)

So, we spent Saturday at a Birthday Bash for a pair of adorable one-year-old twins that are very important people in our lives. Thirty years ago, I set a precedent of giving really unique, handmade and personal gifts to their dad and he expects nothing less for his little ones. That "unique factor" has been a tough reputation to maintain over the years!!!!



After a lot of brainstorming, I finally came up with these personalized stools. The twins are both beginning walkers and climbers so it was important to have the stability factor these stools seem to offer. They're also low to the floor so there's less distance to fall! (They measure 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" and sit 8" high. A the base, the depth is 14" so they do sit solid.)




I haven't decided whether I'll list these in my Etsy shop yet. They are a lot more time consuming to produce than painting clothing, due to the great amount of prep work required on the wood base and the drying time involved for each coating of paint. Ultimately, it makes them a much pricier item and then shipping is considerably higher due to their bulk and weight. I'm still mulling all this over in my mind. What do you think?



In the meantime, I'm working on some new Spring outfits for the shop which I hope to get listed by the end of the week. So, stay tuned for a sneak preview. (They're too hard to photograph with wet paint, so I need to give them a little time today!)
In other business, everybody has been after me to "join Facebook" for quite a while. I took the plunge yesterday and signed up. Now, I'm totally confused!!!

I really don't get it but I had some folks sign up to be my friends! Yeah, I have friends!


I still haven't quite gotten the feel for it and I'm not sure how to post pictures and such on it. If anybody wants to give me advice, I'm open to suggestions.


My name on Facebook is "Splashin Crafts." I think I have a profile page and a business page set up, but I can't be entirely sure. It definitely isn't the easiest site to maneuver. I'm determined to conquer it but it might take me some time. I'll keep you posted.

Go out there and be creative today!!

1 comment:

Hudson said...

Awesome gifts... Those are looking beautiful and fantastic...