Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crafty Quotes

Some “crafty” thoughts for today:


One craft project, like one cookie, is never enough!!!


Crafts fill my day, not to mention the living room, bedroom and closets!


When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.


Sew many crafts, sew little time!!


I never have an idle day,
New ideas come my way.
Don’t know yet what I’ll create,
But my imagination’s great.


***I don’t take credit for creating these sayings, just collecting them along the way. I’ve kept a notebook of quotes that interest me for several years. From time to time, I dig them out to illustrate an idea. Today, I had no ideas, so I just threw out a few quotes for your enjoyment.

---------------

Today was one of those days when I just had trouble getting going. It seemed to really require great effort just to get out of bed and get dressed. You know the kind of day when you’d like to just curl up against those pillows with a good book and stay there until tomorrow.


I forced myself to take care of some of the necessities of daily life - a little housework, some laundry, some website maintenance, answering e-mails, etc. I had planned to run some errands but managed to convince myself tomorrow would be a better day to do that. I managed to pull together enough umph to play on the web a little under the guise of “doing some research” and I made a long phone call to a friend just to “chat.”


The most constructive things I did were work on some long range planning for my Etsy shop and blog. Oh, and I made a decent dinner for The Big Guy. The latter, I did out of guilt. I’ve taken the easy way through the kitchen most of the week - fixing a major meal on Sunday with leftovers on Monday and easy meals since. I did make some effort tonight and fixed more of a “nice” meal. (After all, he did get me a nice new stove for Valentine’s Day. I guess I should use it!)


Maybe tomorrow I’ll make one of his favorite desserts. Maybe this one:


BLUEBERRY ZONKEY

** This is a recipe that came to me through my hubby. It was introduced to him in a life that took place long before we got together. I’m not sure where the name or recipe originated but when we mention it, no one has ever heard of “Zonkey.” It can be made with any fresh fruit (berries, peaches, apples, etc.), but he particularly likes it with fresh blueberries.

Ingredients:

3 Tbsp. melted butter
½ cup sugar
1 cup flour
½ cup milk
2 tsp. baking powder
1 pint fruit
1 cup water
1 cup sugar


Mix first 5 ingredients together, beat well and pour into a greased 8” square pan. Place the fruit on top of the butter. Pour on the water and then the sugar.

**NOTE : The ready to bake pan looks very strange as it goes in the oven - sort of “swampy.” It creates a nice crusty top while baking.

Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.

Maybe you'll get the urge to be creative in your kitchen tomorrow!

No comments: