Thursday, October 28, 2010

National Chocolate Day

National Chocolate Day!!!!

All right!!! I can get down with this! Thanks Paula Deen for letting me in on this fact. I wouldn’t want to wake up tomorrow and find I’d missed it!! (I’d probably have to console myself with some chocolate.)

I think maybe it should be National Chocolate WEEK , don’t you?
Of course, I wanted to commemorate this day in an appropriate manner.

I thought about gathering the troops to make candy but they said it was just too short notice. (I swear, we cannot share the same genes. I mean, chocolate should trump all, shouldn't it? My Mom would be so ashamed of this younger generation!)

The Big Guy fully understood and helped me eat part of a bag of Hershey Miniatures today. (We can always get something else for those pesky Trick or Treaters! )

Only problem is, now I'm still in a chocolate kind of mood. The guys went to bed and I sat here digging through my recipe collection while watching the TV, trying to find just the right, chocolatey, quickie item that I could whip right up. I settled for throwing a box of brownies together during commercials.

The boys should be happy in the morning when they meander into the kitchen and find this surprise. I don't get up until after they leave in the morning as they are up and out long before 6! (For those who are now really concerned about our household, let me clarify. They are grown men, not children. They do much better without my interferene in the morning.)

Now that I've put chocolate into your mind, too, let me share a few great chocolate quotes.

  • In the beginning, the Lord created chocolate, and he saw that it was good. Then, he separated the light from the dark, and it was better.
  • I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process. It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance?
  • Exercise is a dirty word...Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate!
  • I don't eat candy bars with nuts in them. Nuts just take up space where chocloate ought to be.
  • "All I really need is love, but a little choclate now and then doesn't hurt!" - Lucy Van Pelt

I'll leave you with this one piece of advice:

Put "EAT CHOCOLATE" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

No comments: