Monday, October 18, 2010

More wandering around the blogosphere...

My Blogmobile!

Okay, so I've been a good little painter for the last few days and have been producing quite a bit so I decided to take a little time and head out on my blogmobile and check out some more of my Followers' blogs.
So settle in friends, I'm going to point out a few you may find interesting. I did. (My list of blogs I read regularly keeps getting longer and longer. I may have to give up books!)

My first stop of the night was to check in on Gleeza's blog to see what she's been up to lately. She's been a busy gal! In a post called The Nanie Pillow, she tells how, to commemorate her late grandmother, she took bits and pieces of some of Nanie's dresses and made patchwork pillows as keepsakes for her mom and aunts!! What a terrific idea!! I wish I'd thought of this sort of thing when my mom passed quite a few years ago. I'm sure they'll be treasured for years to come. Check out that post to see pictures of these beautiful creations. That post includes some instructions should you be interested in trying this for your own memories of someone dear.

After staying there a spell and visiting a number of Gleeza's recent posts, I moved on to drop in on Queen Ginya. Queen cuts right to the chase and gives us some food for thought in a recent post entitled "The tie that binds" and explores the concept of what binds us to who we are, where we come from and how we live our lives. In telling us how she herself is hard wired, she says we'll never see her running a marathon but "you may see me running amok, running scared, running off at the mouth or running off half cocked (??) but a 10K...nope." Brought a grin of self-recognition to my face! Check it out. It will make you think.

Back in September, the Queen did a post called "Acting my age...", she pointed out: "Life is too short to deal with regret." At that point, she related a tale of hesitating to snorkel in public for fear of embarrassment. She overcame that and went on to have an incredible experience. "I was in heaven! If I hadn't got over myself, I never would have had that experience. I decided at that point to not let any chance get away from me again." In an effort to further encourage her readers to live life to the fullest, she says: "Don't let yourself get talked out of enjoying all God's wonderful gifts... sing loud and strong as often as possible, try new and exotic food, dance even if you can't ... cuz (as I've said before) nothing hurts worse than regret."

So true, Queen Ginya!!

Even if it's the wildest thing you do this week, get out there and read a few new blogs. You'll be glad you did!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BundlesofBlossoms said...

Oh, that's a nice post. That is a great way to commemorate her grandma:)

readingsully2 said...

how nice to share your favorite blogs. :)