Monday, March 5, 2012

Moving on into March...

Can't believe we're well into March already!! Where has the time gone? More importantly, why haven't I been posting all this time? The answer to both questions - "I haven't the foggiest idea!!" (Come to think of it, we have had a lot of fog lately!)

I usually look forward to March as winter in our part of the country is generally pretty much done for by the middle of the month. If it wasn't for a calendar, we probably wouldn't know we had even had winter this year! We've had less than 2 inches of snow all season (knock on wood !) and there isn't any predicted for the rest of this week here. I must say, we did have some heavy flurries for about 15 minutes today - close to a white out! It was 40 degrees at the time! WEIRD!!!

St. Patrick's Day is also something to look forward to. I like the party atmosphere taken on by the entire community. I really enjoy the corn beef and cabbage. It's a dish The Big Guy isn't so crazy about so we really do eat it only once a year. I love the excuse to make it. I can take or leave green beer but it does give the joint a festive air so, go ahead, pass me one! And, hey, where would be without at least the possibility of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - put there by leprechans, of course!

><> ... ><> ... ><> ... ><> ... ><> ... ><> ... ><> ... ><>

MARCHPHOTOADAY

I've decided I really need a push to get me back to daily posting here so I've joined the Marchphotoaday Challenge along with Mama Tink and some other bloggers. Basically, every participant posts a picture of a specific subject for each day of the month. I think I can do this!! Wish me luck. (Please.)

Today's subject is "a smile":




Here's the list if you'd like to play along, too.


No comments: