Friday, March 30, 2012

Here a bunny, there a bunny, everywhere a bunny...

I don't know about you, but I have Mega-Dreams tonight !!! I'm giving deep thought to how to spend that $630 million !!!! Of course, taking the cash value and after taxes, it'll only be about $370 mill. So, I guess we'll have to budget a bit, but we'll get by.

Seriously, that's a lot of cash!! Almost more than I can actually fathom. I mean, we always fantasize about how we'd spend a big windfall but this is more like an avalanche of cash ! We've discussed all the normal stuff - a new house, maybe a nice oceanfront beach house, new vehicles, pay off a few student loans for family members, finance college for a few others, pay off a few family houses or get a few of the younger crowd settled in their first houses, maybe helps a few family members supplement their retirement funds, some favorite charities, etc.

Okay, so that's pretty much a drop in the bucket when we're talking these kind of numbers. Which brings us to just how do you invest and protect the money that's left? I mean, handled correctly, we could live very well off the interest alone. As could the next generation. This going to take a lot more thought. Well, we've got from now till 11:30 tonight to work this one out.

So, what are YOUR MEGA DREAMS ?
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
Well,
I thought joining in on the Marchphotoaday challenge would help me get back into posting on a daily basis. It didn't quite work out that way but it has helped push me in the right direction. Some folks simply posted the subject of the day and a pic without any commentary. I tried to use the photo to trigger at least a short post on the subject. to me, that was the true challenge.

I have seriously been working on gathering photos, research and such to produce some truly informative posts with some true depth. Among those subjects are buttons, antique wax dolls, piano babies, care and feeding of your vintage porcelain figures, vintage textiles, and more. I hope to get these started here early next week. I'd say on the 1st, but then would you take anyone seriously about such promises for April Fool's Day ?

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

MARCHPHOTOADAY

I've joined the Marchphotoaday Challenge along with Mama Tink and some other bloggers. Basically, every participant posts a picture of a specific subject for each day of the month.

Today's subject is "toy":


O.K., I'll admit to a little shameless, self-promotion on this one.
She's just one of the adorable sock bunnies I have for sale in my
shop at the moment.
(Last day to order in time for Easter delivery
(in the U.S.) is tomorrow.)

Hey, nobody said it couldn't be a new toy I've just made, now did they?


Here's the list if you'd like to play along with the March Photo Challenge, too.

No comments: