Friday, September 2, 2011

The trouble with fabric painting ...

Aaargh!!!

Don't you just hate it when you finish up a project and then mess it up in that last second? The trouble with painting on fabric is it is totally unforgiving!

I had an order for 2 sets of my infant's "Big Brother" onesies. They're one of the easy and fairly quick paint jobs. I spent yesterday afternoon painting them and only had the one word "Drools" to finish on the last one when we broke to go to dinner.

We came home and I painted that word in about 10 minutes and then -- just as I went to sit it aside to dry -- I smeared red paint on the leg binding!! STUPID mistake!!! Had to do a whole new onesie from scratch.

Can you say "FRUSTRATED"?


That's the offending smudge, right there to the right of the exclamation point.
I just wanted to scream. So glad I had plenty of onesies on hand.

I can salvage that one with some creative trim work but I couldn't use it for this order.

Oh well, such is our life in crafts!

2 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Oh dear,
I hate when that happens...I do hope you can save it with the trim so all your efforts don't go to waste.

Enjoy the Holiday Weekend. ~Natalie

Tins and Treasures said...

Oh dear,
I hate when that happens...I do hope you can save it with the trim so all your efforts don't go to waste.

Enjoy the Holiday Weekend. ~Natalie