Monday, September 19, 2011

She thinks we're just fishin'

Love Those Lyrics

N. turned 19 yesterday.
Where on Earth did those years go? How did they slip by so fast?

Seems like just yesterday we were heading off to the Pumpkin Patch to see the Story Pumpkin Display - pumpkins painted to resemble and illustrate story book characters, nursery rhymes and fairy tales. I remember her giggles at the Cat in the Hat pumpkin. She loved the little goats in the petting zoo there, too. I think she was 5. In my mind, she still is.

Ah, the memories...

Trace Adkins recently so eloquently put those feelings into words with:

I’m lost in her there holdin’ that pink rod and reel She’s doin’ almost everything but sittin’ still Talkin’ ‘bout her ballet shoes and training wheels And her kittens And she thinks we’re just fishin’

"Future Fish Stories"
1999, Elaine Watrus
Coynes & Co.


I say, “Daddy loves you, baby” one more time She says, “I know. I think I got a bite.” And all this laughin’, cryin, smilin’ dyin’ here inside’s What I call, livin’

And she thinks we’re just fishin’ on the riverside Throwin’ back what we could fry Drownin’ worms and killin’ time Nothin’ too ambitious She ain’t even thinkin’ ‘bout What’s really goin’ on right now But I guarantee this memory’s a big’in And she thinks we’re just fishin’

She’s already pretty, like her mama is Gonna drive the boys all crazy Give her daddy fits And I better do this every chance I get ‘Cause time is tickin’ (Yeah it is)

And she thinks we’re just fishin’ on the riverside Throwin’ back what we could fry Drownin’ worms and killin’ time Nothin’ too ambitious She ain’t even thinkin’ ‘bout What’s really goin’ on right now But I guarantee this memory’s a big’in And she thinks we’re just fishin’

She ain’t even thinkin’ ‘bout What’s really goin’ on right now But I guarantee this memory’s a big’in And she thinks we’re just fishin’ Yeah, aww, she thinks we’re just fishin’ We ain’t only fishin’ (This ain’t about fishin’)


"These are the Days
We Remember Forever"
1998, Enesco for
The Coca Cola Co.



I just Love Those Lyrics !!!

D. and J. have done a great job raising her and I'm so glad to have been along for the ride. (She was definitely a little easier on them than D. was growing up! Much less challenging!)

1 comment:

Sheryl Hastings said...

They grow up so fast! Mine are in their twenties and I sure do miss thos pumpking patch days!