Okay gang, we've been away from home and our familiar surroundings for over two weeks now. We've driven thousands of miles and spent lots of time together in a vehicle just the two of us, and then days living with family, that, while they make you feel very welcome and comfortable, it is their home and it's not just the same as your own place. We've spent a lot of time in a small guest room, just the two of us. There's been some medical things going on that just create some stress for all involved.
Can you say "TENSE" ?
Just in case you too are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological journals. The funny thing is that it really does work and make you smile.
1) Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.
2) Picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water.
3) Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.
4) No one knows your secret place.
5) You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called the world.
6) The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
7) The water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you are holding underwater.
See, it really does work! You're smiling already.
Ah, now I'm ready for that 1200 mile drive back home.