Thursday, August 12, 2010

HOT can be nice!

Our end of the world is kind of a marginal area for crepe myrtle. We're just South enough that they will grow but not to their absolute best and only a few varieties really do winter well here. Well, this year's super hot and sunny summer has been fantastic for the crepe myrtles. They've been absolutely beautiful!!!!

Usually the dark pink ones are the ones that grow best and put on the best show in our region but this year I have been totally mesmerized by the rich beauty of the dark purple blooms. We've had a terrific array of lavender, purple, several shades of pink and white ones. If I truly let my mind run wild, I can believe I'm wandering the streets of Charleston!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.