Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why eat strawberry shortcake?

Help! I'm surrounded by magazines, newspaper ads and TV shows pushing all kinds of delicious goodies for Valentine's Day!! They're making my mouth water... and my tummy growl. I HAVE to BAKE, NOW!!!

As I dig out the bowls, mixer and canisters, I realize how much I miss our little Midwest Baker's Assistant - Katie ! Just watching her wield her little rolling pin is entertainment. (The finished product is often not very photogenic!) The important thing is - we all have fun in the process. Can't wait to make that 1200 mile drive to visit after the Spring thaw. (We're not big on cross-country drives this time of year!)

One of the big Love Day suggestions is strawberry shortcake which brought this great little list to mind:

Just a few of the perfect excuses for having some strawberry shortcake.

Pick one:
(1) It’s less calories than two pieces of strawberry shortcake.
(2) It’s cheaper than going to France.
(3) It neutralizes the brownies I had yesterday.
(4) Life is short.
(5) It’s somebody’s birthday. I don’t want them to celebrate alone.
(6) It matches my eyes.
(7) Whoever said, “Let them eat cake,” must have been talking to me.
(8) To punish myself for eating dessert yesterday.
(9) Compensation for all the time I spend in the shower not eating.
(10) Strawberry shortcake is evil. I must help rid the world of it.
(11) I’m getting weak from eating all that healthy stuff.
(12) It’s the second anniversary of the night I ate plain broccoli.


I'm not sure where I originally found that list so I can't give it full credit but I did quote it in a family cookbook I made last year.

So, until we chat again, be creative, make something good and tasty, and ENJOY!!!!

1 comment:

BundlesofBlossoms said...

You are making me hungry. I am so ready for the midwest thaw out. Winter seems to be lasting so long this year.