Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Maybe it's my mojo coming back - slowly.

Late last night, I finally took time to revamp the Welcome Page for my etsy shop as well as my Profile and Shop's Policies pages. It's basically all the same info - just rearranged, I did add a little language about the safety of my merchandise. I've been meaning to do this for quite a while now.

With the CPSIA threat out of the way for now, I've begun to add new children's merchandise to my shop. The two newest additions are my Fun Frogs Set, featuring a onesie and matching pants, and a Tool Man In Training Onesie. I've offered the latter as a 2 pc set for a while but keep getting requests for just the onesie so I've finally listed it by itself.

If you're looking for something different for a little one in your life,

please check out these and others in my shop at www.splashin.etsy.com.

___________

Today went a lot better than yesterday. I'm not sure I've actually recovered all of my mojo but I did find some energy. Since the creative juices hadn't started to flow, I threw myself into the mundane necessities of life like laundry, grocery shopping and cooking.

The Big Guy took pity on me last night and fixed dinner so I decided he deserved a decent meal tonight. He thoroughly enjoyed his pork enchiladas and black beans this evening. The best part (for me anyhow) is there's enough leftovers to constitute a second dinner from the effort.

I've never learned to cook for just two people. When I worked 45-50 hours a week, I used to spend one entire day cooking and stockpiling a bunch of meals for the freezer. Favorites have always been things like jambalaya, pulled pork, chicken parmesan, stuffed shells, etc. I'd do that like once every six weeks or so. Since I've been at home full time, I haven't stopped that system I still appreciate painting all day and then being able to produce a quick home-cooked meal by simply heating something up.

Here's one of the recipes I like to use for such meals:

CHICKEN PARMESAN (without breading)

**When I make this to stockpile, I simply prep the chicken and then freeze it in a freezer bag. It only takes a few minutes to assemble the chicken with the sauce and cheese before putting it in the oven.

4 boneless skinned chicken breasts
Salt-free lemon pepper
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 jar tomato sauce of your choice (I usually use Prego)
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
Shredded mozzarella
Spaghetti
*Generously sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper. Coat a non-stick pan with just enough olive oil to cover the bottom (1-2 Tbsp.). Brown the chicken slowly over low heat. (The slow cooking tenderizes the meat.)
*When chicken is cooked through, place the breasts in a baking dish and cover with tomato sauce.
*Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic powder to taste.
*Top each breast with a handful of shredded mozzarella.
*Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, until cheese bubbles and browns.
*Serve over spaghetti, cooked as directed on the package.

Add a salad and garlic bread and you’ve got a meal!


I hope to get some new painting done tomorrow. We'll see.

Till then, think creative thoughts.



No comments: