Friday, February 13, 2009

Hearts and Smiles to Y'all !!!

This cute little guy is our family’s very own cupid! (This was taken last Valentine’s Day.) My s-i-l has always decorated to the hilt for every holiday and continues the tradition by “decorating” and photographing the first grandchild for every little occasion. We now look forward to interesting pics celebrating every holiday in full garb!

---------------

Since I don’t always get a chance to chat with you on the weekends, I thought I’d make a point of wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day today. I hope you have big plans - time spent with your loved ones, special treats, lots of fun. Don’t forget to share lots of hugs, cuddles and smiles.

---------------

Here’s some more love laughs and smiles I found to share:



*Sales ad at a store: “You are my one and only” Valentine’s cards, now on sale 4 for $5.” -- Unknown
*”I wanted to make it really special on Valentine’s Day, so I tied my boyfriend up. And for three solid hours I watched whatever I wanted on TV.” -- Tracy Smith
*I don’t understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. -- Author Unknown
*”Before I met my husband, I’d never fallen in love. I’d stepped in it a few times.” -- Rita Rudner
*Love is an ocean of emotions entirely surrounded by expenses. -- Thomas Robert Dewar


And my personal favorite:


*Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots. -- A Hoosier Farmer



And a serious thought or two on the subject:


*Love may not make the world go round, but I must admit that it makes the ride worthwhile. -- Sean Connery
*All you need is love. -- John Lennon

--------------

Feeling creative?
Complete the following verse with two lines of your own:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue...
Go ahead and share your version with us in the comments section!


Have a terrific Valentine’s Day, everybody!!

2 comments:

Campbell Jane said...

That little guy is the cutest cupid I've ever seen!! Happy Valentine's Day!

OliveStreetStudio said...

What a cutie! And as for the quotes - I really liked the card and tieing up the byfd to watch TV....and Sean Connery quote.