Friday, January 30, 2009

FRIDAY !!!!!!

T.G.I.F. !!!!!

Showcased:


One of my products is featured on another blog! Sumpinelse.com included my Loving Kitty Onesie in their Little Pleasures II series last night! I’m really honored to be shown there. Please check them out at http://www.sumpinelse.com/ and see their other great Valentine’s finds!!
_________


Today's Recipe:


I got the urge to make something good yesterday. After digging around the cupboards to see just what I had to work with, I found the goods for Pineapple Muffins! Want to try some of your own?


Pineapple Muffins
4 cups all-purpose flour
5 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. ginger (We LIKE them a little spicy!)
4 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups milk
½ cup butter (or margarine), melted
2 ½ cups crushed pineapple, drained


Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, milk and butter and stir until smooth. Add the pineapple and mix well. Spoon into standard muffin tins, filling them ¾ full. Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. (The tops only brown slightly.) My batch made 27 muffins.

I think next time I may add some chopped maraschino cherries to make them prettier to the eye!



From the “You have to laugh to keep from crying!” file:


We’ve all been so seriously commenting on the CPSIA lately that some of us forgot how healthy it is to have a good laugh. Our friend Sarah at http://www.starsapphire.etsy.com/ however, found a way to laugh about the CPSIA and wrote this humorous poem.


CPSIA, or A Half-Baked Idea
By Sarah Booth-Neades

The toys seemed so appealing,
The kids were very pleased;
So the ‘rents forked o’er their money
To the big toy companies.

And as the kids got older,
They seemed to be brain dead;
But how could Mr. Smiley have
Been double-dipped in lead?

The government got angry
When they looked at all the facts
They wrote a lot of garbage,
And then called it an act.

They didn’t think to tell the folks
Who made the paint and dyes,
To certify their product
Before they reached our lives.

They just cracked down on grandma, who
Makes toys to sell at fairs.
She now must pay a grand to sell
Her twenty dollar bear.

The government is satisfied,
And smiles, feeling tough;

Now Junior’s things aren’t made with lead –
Just all his family’s stuff!


*****
Sarah does the cutest little “candy crocheted goodies!” Check them out in her shop! www.starsapphire.etsy.com/ They look so yummy, they sort of made me hungry. Guess I’ll eat a mufffin.

Okay, gang! I think that's all for today. Enjoy your Friday!!!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I love the fishing chair!! Wish the boys were little again so I could make one! (not) Teenagers are just fine.
Have a great day!!
Audrey