Monday, January 12, 2009

Illegal after 2/10/09 !!!




Thought I'd show you just some of the items I can't sell under the new CPSIA as it now reads. Look dangerous don't they?
All of these items are garments made by Gerber, OshKosh, Carters and similar BIG name manufacturers who will need to test and certify all of their products before sending them to stores where I normally purchase my garments. Once I've painted them with certified safe fabric paints, I will again need to have them tested and certified by that third party tester. Not financially possible!!! I shall miss making cute kiddie stuff. Hope the old men look just as charming in my new line of painted clothes!!

Stay tuned to see the items I plan to present to the "older" generation!!!




2 comments:

Jessica Cauthon said...

Oooh!! Those are so cute! I wouldn't declare just yet that you can't sell them. There have been a few changes to that crazy law, and I have a feeling more are coming. Keep your head up. I'm off to heart your shop so I can clothe my kiddie here soon. :o)

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Oh my, how darling are those painted clothes! I can do a lot of things, but that kind of creativity is beyond me! Nice job!

MGM