Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Honest Scrap Award

A few weeks back (about 2 or so), Bellissima over at Bellissimasblog blessed me with the Honest Scrap Award and I've been a bit slow to act on it, so tonight is the night!

First off, I'd like to thank Bellissima for honoring me in this way with this great award. You can read her post and check out her blog here.


As with all such awards, there are some requirements and responsibilities involved in accepting the Honest Scrap Award.


1) The Honoree must thank the person who gave them the award and list their blog and link to it.


2) The Honoree must then list ten (10) honest statements about themselves. Here are my revelations:
1) I'm addicted to anything that combines the flavors of peanut butter and chocolate.
2) I still miss my Mom on a daily basis, even after 14 years. (She was my best friend.)
3) If I could be a superhero, I'd be torn between Wonder Woman and Xena, Warrior Princess.
4) I love to cook for crowds but have trouble fixing a meal for just two.
5) Though I'm very artistic and creative, I cannot make a fancy cake.
6) I love to take long road trips.
7) I'm not sure what my natural hair color is these days.
8) I like to read murder mystery lite type books more than serious literary works.
9) I secretly watched The Housewives of New Jersey. (So much for the "secret" aspect!)
10) I still think James Garner is sexy - even if he is really old!!


3) The Honoree must put a copy of The Honest Scrap logo on their blog. (Please check out my sidebar! )


4) The Honoree must then select at least 7 other worthy bloggers to pass The Honest Scrap Award on to and list their links. Here are my choices:
Carole at Art Plus
Holly at hollyrocksjewelry
Yasmin at Yaslani Etc...
Tommye at I'd Rather Be Stitching
Natalie at Tins & Treasures
The Clay Muse at The Clay Muse

(If I haven't included you in this list and you'd like to participate, please jump in there and do so. Just let me know so I can provide a link to your blog, too. )


5) The Honoree must then notify the selected bloggers of the award and advise them of the acceptance requirements.


Congratulations to all of The Honest Scrap Award winners! Thank you all for providing such interesting posts and eye-catching photos and such. You are a talented bunch and have brought much joy and entertainment to your readers. I can't wait to learn those truths about each of you.


I hope all of you, Dear Readers, will also take time to visit their blogs and get to know them, too.

3 comments:

readingsully2 said...

I do so appreciate this award, but I have already been awarded this award once and would feel funny accepting it a second time. But, thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. :)

Tins and Treasures said...

Thank you...You've made my day!! I'll tuck this away and blog about it too...in a few days. Thank you for thinking of me. Now I'm off to check out the other blogspots. Happy July ~Natalie

Yasmin said...

WOW!!!! I was cruising your blog and found a fabulous shout out : ) Thank you bunches!!
Love you and your terrific blog!!