Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weary Weekend

I'm still having trouble getting back in the groove here at home. The suitcase is still on the guest room bed, packed for the most part. The laundry from the trip has made its way to the laundry room but not into the machine yet. There are still a few things simply dropped in the living room.

Saturday, we found ourselves at yet another BBQ competition. This one was in Middletown, Delaware where we knew a large number of the judges and many of the cook teams. This was a first time event and, surprisingly, hit the ground running with 42 teams competing !!
Today, we were also out of the house for the day, arriving home just in time to view last week's Lost before tuning into tonight's final episode. I'm not really sure how I feel about how the show ended. I think it seemed like a let-down or a cop-out. I don't think it answered all my questions as promised. I'm not sure where I thought it was leading but it didn't get there for me. Any of you have comments on this one? Please 'splain it to me!

I'm sure I'll be back on track by tomorrow. Hopefully, I can find a dose of energy somewhere between now and then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a good weekend at that BBQ competition! Wish I could've been there to be a taste tester!

customdesigns4ubynan said...

I would love to go to a bbq competition, or a chili competition, that's amy real dream vacation, rent a car and drive from Houston to California, drinking beer and eating chili. BEING in such a contest is totally different, and I'm surprised you have the energy to get up the next day!