Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Tomorrow is another day..."

Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans.

I had decided I would begin super-promoting my Etsy shop again beginning May 1st as I had allowed those efforts to drop off in April and my views had dropped accordingly. Like I said, it was a good plan. Today is the 5th and I really haven’t done a lot in that direction. I had good intentions but just didn’t act upon them. I seemed to get distracted very easily these last couple of days. Maybe I’ll blame it on the cool, gray and dreary weather.

So, I’m setting a new date to begin. I swear I will begin working at promoting again tomorrow. I feel like Scarlett O’Hara, “After all, tomorrow is another day.” Or maybe, I’ll just burst into song and do my imitation of Annie. (Don’t worry, I won’t risk shattering all the glass in my house by singing.)
---------------
*** TRIVIA QUESTION***Quoting Scarlett tonight made me think of this question for you, dear readers, - do you know what other fairly common phrases came directly from Gone with the Wind? Think carefully. (You’ve got to be fairly familiar with the story.) **The answers are at the end of the post.
-----------------

Back on topic:
All was not wasted. I did work on some new designs today and I’m working on painting some new merchandise to list within the next few days. I also computerized my inventory list. I’ve been doing it on paper until now. It took me until this evening to figure just how to design a list that allowed me to add the promotional notes I have been adding on the handwritten list. It needed to provide flexible notation areas but still maintain an orderly, easy to view listing. It was like a light bulb suddenly went off and the form suddenly flowed easily. I guess that will be another month-long experiment to see how well this new form works for the long-term.

I have one more brainstorming session to work on - I have a piece of merchandise that I would love to list but haven’t figured out the shipping angle on it yet. It is fairly large and I’m having trouble finding an appropriate packaging method. I hope to resolve this soon as I love creating that particular item. It sells well in live sales and I’d love to be able to put it online. It also has a fairly decent profit margin. I’m still working on this thought.
----------------
***TRIVIA ANSWER: “Fiddle-dee-dee!” and “Great balls of fire!” Both were phrases also uttered by Scarlett.
FUN FACT: Not a common phrase these days, but probably the best known Scarlett quote is, “As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again!”
---------------

Okay, y’all go out there and be creative today. Maybe make some great outfit from a heavy set of drapes or something.

No comments: