Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just waaaay too much T.V. !!!!!

It's winter. It's cold and snowy. I've had a cold for what seems like forever. So, I've watched a lot of T.V., emphasis on "a lot."

From time to time, in the midst of watching, you come across a great line, phrase or descriptive word. It's a lot like those "Word-A-Day" calendars. You hear it, like it, repeat it and look for just the right place to slide it into a conversation.

Here are a few I've enjoyed lately:

"Your blood type is Pinot Grigio." (from the Housewives of NYC wrap up show)
They MUST know one of my best friends!

"Random crappola" (from Two and a Half Men)
This one was used to describe a decorating style
but I think it's a great word and very versatile.
It can be used sooooo many ways in life!

"Telepathetic" (from William Shatner on My Dad Says...")
This one might be a little harder to work into a conversation .
He used it to mean "psychic"
and I just love the sound of it.
Kinda Yogi Berra-ish.

This one takes the prize, though, explaining why grandparents have the right to spoil the kids, no matter what!
"Back then we were parents. Now we're grandparents. We have to be GRAND." (The Middle)
Perfect explanation, don't you think?!?!


I even find myself paying attention to commercials like this one for an album by Joe Nichols which is now on sale at Walmart. I have no idea who Joe is (No offense, please, Joe. I'm just not that up on newer music.) but I'm dying to listen to the title song:
"Tequila makes her clothes fall off."
(He must know one of my other good friends!)

There's more to life than sit-coms and commercials. I also watch The Today Show where I learned I must have good taste in pets. (Or at least "popular" tastes.) Over the years, I have shared my home and life with three of the AKC's top five dog breeds - a lab, a beagle and a golden retriever. I've also owned the No. 1 breed from this year's National Dog Show - an Irish Setter. (Don't let all the others know, but I liked the golden best!) Don't judge, please. I loved them all but just was more in tune with the golden. I had him the longest - almost 18 years.

Incidentally, if you're wondering the other two top breeds are the German Shepherd and Yorkshire Terrier.

Sometimes, I just catch up on gossip, like, even though we have don't know anything about the gown, I learned Kate Middleton will have a 4 minute walk down the aisle at Westminster Abbey. Now that's an entrance (or exit). I'm not sure saying our entire vows took much longer than taht! David Tutera of My Fair Wedding, suggests she better be sure she's wearing comfortable shoes for that stroll!!

PLEASE pray for an early Spring. I NEED to get out in the world more!!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Way too much T.V. is nice every once in awhile. In fact, I'm about to go veg out with my man in just a bit. I couldn't do it every nice, but it's a nice way to unwind sometimes.