Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lost Monday

Okay, I'll admit it. I seemed to have lost most of Monday.

We had a last-minute house guest arrive for few days. Though we had minimal prep time, we always enjoy visits with her so it was well worth the quick spit'n'polish to the house and a dinner prep. We even convinced her to watch the Ravens' game with us. We promised not to tell her friends and family back in Steelers country. (If you don't know, the Ravens and the Steelers are mortal enemies!)

While our guest took care of some business today, I finally took some time to get back to my painting. I started the detail work on a lamp base today. This is the first lamp I've done and I think I'm liking it. Here's a sneak peek:Or, two:

There was a lady on TV today talking about decorating trends at the moment and she was really pushing decorated lampshades. So, I took some time to add the lampshade I painted last week to my Etsy shop. Woo Hoo!! I'm actually in on a trend!!
The lamp and the shade are separate projects and not meant to be compatible. I think I like doing shades, too. I can only hope folks like buying them.

No comments: