Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Don't let the turkeys get you down!

The turkeys are ready! Finally.
I have finally listed the last of the Thanksgiving merchandise in my shop. Just in time, too! The last day to order for guaranteed delivery in time for the big feast is Tuesday, November 16th!!

I'm going to sit back, take a deep breath, relax for 5 minutes, and then, get busy listing Christmas items!

><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

I received a disturbing e-mail yesterday. It simply read: "Only 47 shopping days til Christmas!"

It disturbed me on, oh so many, levels.

I could feel the annual panic beginning to well up in my chest. "I'm not prepared. I won't be ready." My mind began to chant the seasonal battle cry of most of the women I know. I could actually see those days peeling off the calendar in my mind. Various deadlines lunged at me as if I was caught in a 3-D movie.

How do the holidays always seem to sneak up on us? I mean, they come every year. Not only that, but Christmas is ALWAYS on the 25th of December. It's not like Easter that jumps around a bit.

Then, it dawned on me. This friend sent this message very late last evening. Yesterday was pretty much over with. So that meant, he's counting Thanksgiving Day and Christmas as shopping days! Okay, I can accept he might do some shopping online after Thanksgiving dinner, after football overload and when he is too stuffed to do much else than wiggle a little mouse around to browse the web. (Actually, a few years ago, my brother found you could actually access a few of the Black Friday sale prices on Thursday evening.) But just what does he plan to buy us at CVS or Walgreens (worse yet, 7-11) on Christmas morning?!?

Okay, NOT planning to shop after dinner on Turkey Day and NOT counting Christmas Day and actually getting a move on right now, this very minute, I have 46 Days!! Only 46 Days!! Not just shopping days, but planning, cooking, cleaning, wrapping, decorating, packing and shipping days. That's 46 EVERYTHING days!!!

I'm a list maker. So, right now, I'm going to sit down and make some lists. You know the kind - the gift list, the deadline list, the merchandise to be finished list, etc.

Then, in true Scarlett O'Hara style, I'll get busy "doing" tomorrow!!! (You know, when we're a day closer.)

No comments: