Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Newsflash: Missing blogger finds her way back!!

O.K., so I’ve been MIA for awhile. I missed most of September, all of October and now 4/5 of November. I had originally planned to blog a little each day but life has gotten in the way. When it comes to the important things in life, family and their needs, home duties and flesh and blood friends need to come first. So, while I found a few minutes here and there to jot down some thoughts in my journal, I really didn’t find time to settle in at the keyboard and blog for all. I hope to be on track again now and hope to really get this blog in shape.

I’d like to do a 30-days to Christmas countdown with a craft or decorating idea each day. By doing so, maybe I’ll get my act together on time this year. Is there anybody out there who really is completely ready and has done everything they wanted for the holiday by the time they break out the wine on Christmas Eve? Or do many of us simply take a deep breath and say, “It is what it is.”

Ultimately, I’d like to share a thought or commentary, the craft of the day, maybe share a laugh or an “Ahh” moment, maybe even a recipe on a daily basis. I’m still not too technically savvy so this may not come across as polished as I’d like. I need to learn how to post pics on the blog. I think it’s possible but I need to find a preteen who can give me step-by-step instructions.

The Big Guy is finally returning to work tomorrow. He’s been off with his knee surgery for 15 weeks. (Now, you know why my schedule was way off!) We’ve done some major maintenance work on the house over the last few weeks. Followed by two weeks on the road to visit The Big Guy’s family in the Midwest. His mom is struggling but hanging in there. His sister is doing her best to maintain her own sanity and she and her hubby took a much needed break, leaving us to Mom-Sit for a few days. Unfortunately, the 1200 miles in between make it difficult for us to do this more than twice a year. Now that I’m home, it’s time to settle in and get busy making those Christmas gifts.

My online shop, http://www.splashin.etsy.com/ is really slow at the moment so I don’t have a lot of holiday orders to handle there. I wish I did but it has been slow to catch on. The few orders I’m working on have been from family and friends, not the website. It’s one of those to do things for the winter. I really need to learn to promote the site.

No comments: